CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Sew Easy

So my first blog post is going to be about...

Stitching...

*Insert groan*

Now now, it's not that hard anymore...really! They've come up with this awesome tool that makes it so much easier...no more lugging out that sewing machine. I never had one so I don't know what that would be like but I can imagine that it would be a pain in the butt.

As you can see from my layout up there (one of my favorites!!!) there is stitching on the sides. I used the *Sew Easy* tool to do this. You can find this in just about any store it runs for about 9 bucks and comes with one head and needles (which btw are dull head needles not sharp ones). Now you can get a more expensive version of this for around 29 bucks. But I bought it all separately because the mat isn't big enough especially if you are doing 12x12 pages. You need a mat or the piercing won't happen. It's soft and cushy to make sure the plastic knob like things pierce through.

So to start you'll need:

1 Sew Easy tool
1 Needle (included with tool)
1 Sew Easy Mat
and head of your choice
Sew Easy thread (*Note- I have yet to use other thread for this, but I imagine if it'll go through the hole easily it will work just as well*)

Now it seems easy so far but alas there is a problem. It doesn't run straight easily. If you want to go in a straight line you'll need a "guide" to follow. I used my 12" paper cutter (martha stewart one) to line it up and use the edge to "guide" the tool. It works pretty well and it only went off course a little bit.

Now another interesting addition to the Sew Easy line is the Sew Easy Circle Tool. This nifty little thing takes you from lines to circles...but again it's not as easy to use. You have to be very careful when using this. It will move while you are going in the circle but I found if I take a Zot and glue it down temporally then it stays pretty good (the zot will take some paper off when removing it so use an embellishment or something to cover that up).

With both these tools you have to press HARD. If you find that some of the holes didn't go through if you see an indentation you can use the needle to press through (just make sure you have the mat under it).

Then once you get your holes punched you just thread the needed and sew away.

I kept the backing to all the heads, because each one does more than one design and the back of the heads shows each one that you can do with that specific head.

So to sum it up:



  • Use a guide!
  • Press HARD
  • Keep the backing to the heads
  • And have fun adding sewing to your scrapping!



0 comments:

Post a Comment