CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Martha Stewart's Circle Tool

So today's post is about Martha Stewart's Circle Tool



I bought this at Pat Catan's when it was on sale or I probably wouldn't have bought it. It's a neat tool but It's really kind of hard to use. It's almost impossible to create the smaller circles as it moves easily. It doesn't have anything to keep it steady. I may add some felt or something to the bottom to keep it steady.

So when you open the back of the hand tool you'll find 3 tabs with blades at the end. As you can see from the picture there are tiny blades with circle tabs on them. The circle part is what you hold and you slide the blade into tool in sideways. CAUTION: You will cut yourself if you are not careful. I wasn't paying attention to which way it was snapping off and it slipped and flew up and sliced my finger. So try to be very careful with this part, pay close attention to which way it slides in.

Once you get that part done, you insert the blade into the slits on the size you want. You really have to get it in there good or it won't cut. You really have to find the right "pressure" when making the circles. Too hard and the circle will slide across the page. Too light and you won't cut the paper.

So was this tool worth it? Not really. It's really hard to use, I'd rather use paper punches because at least I know the circle will cut evenly and won't slip and make an oval. My next shopping trip I'm investing in large paper punches and putting this tool away.

0 comments:

Post a Comment